Yikes! Where has February gone? February, although a bit cold, is my favorite month because well, it’s my birthday month. Hooray! And in honor of my birthday month and with my birthday coming up in 5 days (on the 27th), I thought it’d be a nice time to come up with a wish list for myself. And you know, if you wanted to get me something, I wouldn’t say no. 😀 I am, afterall, a lover of nice surprises and gifts. 🙂
Without further ado, my running wish list in no particular order.
- Motivate Wraps from Momentum Jewelry – Overall, I try to be an optimistic person, but I also get overwhelmed very easily. That’s actually why my username is “If I just breathe.” When I get stressed out, I remember to take a deep breath and things will be okay.
I love that this company makes jewelry with motivational sayings on them. I have a few Sparklets from them, but I’ve had my eye on their motivational wraps for some time now. One day, I’ll get one. 🙂
- Chicago Marathoner Map from RunInk – I will make this little baby mine on October 8th give or take a few days depending on how I recover. LOL. Chicago will be my second full marathon and I’ve already decided to get a map for each of the 6 Abbott World Marathons I run. I already have a NYC marathoner map from this company and am just in love with it. Every time I see it, I’m reminded of all the blood, sweat, and tears I put into training and running the marathon; the reminder makes me incredibly happy.
- A pair of Ghost 9 (size 8) from Brooks or a pair of Vazee 2090 (size 8.5) from New Balance – I am a lover of running shoes. That feeling when you try on a pair of new running shoes gives me a natural high. I’ve been running in Brook’s Ghost shoes for years now. They were the first real pair I trained in and they have kept me injury free. Back in December, I got my hands on a pair of the Vazee 2090s and fell in love with how fast I could go in them. With a year of 9+ races, I am definitely going to need new shoes. #runnerproblems
- Sparkly wide headbands from Sparkly Soul – Okay, let’s get down to it. My head sweats…a lot. I blame the long hair and the bangs. I love having bangs, but they’re not as nice when I’m pounding the pavement for 10+ miles and the sweat has hit my eyes and blinded me. LOL. I am, of course, exaggerating. It does sting a bit though. I have a headband from Sparkly Soul and I love it. It’s my go to headband 99% (because I forget to bring it 1% of the time) when I race. AND it doesn’t give me a headache like most headbands do. 🙂
- Gift card from Disney – I didn’t announce it officially, but if you follow me on instagram or twitter, you’ll know that I made the jump last week and signed up for the 5th annual Dopey challenge (5k on Thursday, 10k on Friday, 1/2 marathon on Saturday, and a marathon on Sunday). Thank goodness I did too because yesterday, the challenge sold out. Whew. Anyway, for those of you who know Disney, you know that Disney related things do NOT come cheap. Registration for the Dopey challenge alone cost me a little less than $600 and I still have to find a flight and lodging. Yikes. Therefore, a gift card would help. 🙂
So there you have it – my personal wish list. What’s on your wish list? Any particular item I should look out for?