Yes, that’s right, today, Wednesday June 7th is Global Running Day and here are 5 ways to celebrate.
- Sign up for a race (at a discount)! A lot of races (and running affiliated stores i.e. HoneyStinger code “Runday”, SportHooks code “Pledgetorun”, etc) have discounts on their sites today so take advantage of them. The Rock N Roll Marathon series has their largest sale on races. Check their site for deals as soon as you can as entries at the discounted price are limited. Should you miss the initial sale price, use the code “BIBRAVE15” for $15 off the following races:
Seattle, WA 6/18: $15 off Half and Full, valid until 6/11
Chicago, IL 7/15-16: $15 off Half, valid until 7/9
Dublin 8/12-13: 3 €/£ off Half, valid until 8/6
Virginia Beach, VA 9/2-3: $15 off Half, valid until 8/27
Philadelphia, PA 9/17: $15 off Half, valid until 9/10
Montreal, Canada 9/24: $15 off Half and Full, valid until 9/17
San Jose, CA 10/8: $15 off Half, valid until 10/1
Brooklyn, NY 10/14: $15 off Half, valid until 10/7
Denver, CO 10/15: $15 off Half, valid until 10/8
St Louis, MO 10/15: $15 off Half, valid until 10/8
Lisbon 10/15: 3 €/£ off Half and Full, valid until 10
Los Angeles, CA 10/29: $15 off Half, valid until 10/22
Merida 11/4: $15 or 270 Pesos off Half, valid until 10/28
Savannah, GA 11/4: $15 off Half and Full, valid until 10/28
Las Vegas, NV 11/12: #15 off Half and Full, valid until 11/5
San Antonio, TX 12/3: $15 off Half and Full, valid until 11/26
Arizona 1/13-14/18: $15 off Half and Full, valid until 1/7/18
Big Sur Marathon Events is also offering a special 24 hour discount on the Salinas Valley Half Marathon & the Monterey Bay Half Marathon (previously known as the Big Sur Half Marathon). Today, runners can save $10 on a race entry into either event by using the special discount code “GRD17” here. You can also use the BibRave code “BRP17” with “GRD17” for an additional bonus 13.1 magnet.
The Hot Chocolate Race Series isn’t have any discounts for the day, BUT you can use the following codes to get some bonus race swag and if you know anything about this series, you know they’re known for their swag. I’m already planning on registering for the San Diego Hot Chocolate Race for March 2018 so come join me. 🙂
Denver 10/1/17 – Code: BRHCDEN17
Chicago 10/29/17 – Code: BRHCCHI17
Columbus 11/5/17 – Code: BRHCCOL17
Scottsdale 12/4/17 – Code: BRHCSCOTTS17
St. Louis 12/10/17 – Code: BRHCSTL17
Tampa 12/17/17 – Code: BRHCTAMPA17
San Francisco 1/7/18 – BRHCSF18
Atlanta 1/21/18 – BRHCATL18
Dallas 2/3/18 – BRHCDAL18
Nashville 2/10/18 – BRHCNASH18
Las Vegas 2/25/18 – BRHCVEGAS18
Seattle 3/4/18 – BRHCSEA18
San Diego 3/18/18 – BRHCSD18
Philadelphia 4/7/18 – BRHCPHILLY18
Minneapolis 4/14/18 – BRHCMINN18
Last but not least, this is a shameless plug, but I’m running the San Diego Craft Classic next month and would love it if some of you would join me to run either the half marathon or 5k. If you still aren’t convinced, here my post on why you should run it. Use the code “BIBRAVEHALF” for $10 off your half entry and “BIBRAVE5k” for $5 off the 5k entry. Their race shirt is kind of awesome. I don’t even really drink beer, but this shirt is so true to the “will run for beer” theme.
For more discounts, refer to my race discounts page for up to date discounts.
- Go for a run! If you’re unable to sign up for a race today, go for a run instead. Run with a friend, a run group, run alone, or just go out and walk. Exercise is good. 🙂 I promise.
- Enter Strava’s #mymile sweepstakes by running a mile and having Strava track it. If you need a little more incentive to run, how about free running shoes for you and 10 of your friends on Strava? 🙂 For the month of June, Strava is challenging you to run your best mile and hashtag it with “mymile.” Even if it isn’t your best, hashtag it anyway and enter yourself and 10 of your Strava friends into the sweepstakes for a chance to win a free pair of shoes from wiggle.com. Isn’t that cool? Like most challenges, the entry cannot be put in manually and the activity can’t be tracked on a treadmill. So what are you waiting for? Go out for at least a 1 mile run and enter the sweepstakes. 🙂 You can run as many times through the month of June and enter so go crazy. Also, feel free to friend me on Strava. I’d like some new shoes too! Hah!
- Take a run selfie today (June 7th), tag @RoadRunnerSports (on Instagram), include the hashtags #globalrunningday and #laceupandexplore, and post. Ten lucky winners will be chosen to win a Road Runner Sports R Gear Graphic Tee.
- Participate in #RunChatHunt! If you love scavenger hunts and need an excuse to run, this is it! @Therunchat (Twitter) is hosting a scavenger hunt for the month of June. They want you to find specific things on your run, snap a photo of it, and upload it onto Twitter with the hashtag #RunChatHunt. At the end of the month, they’ll randomly pick 10 winners. Who knows? One of those winners could be you!
So there you have it. I don’t know about you, but I’m definitely going to be participating in ALL OF THE RUN activities tomorrow. Who said running couldn’t be fun, right? What will you be doing to celebrate Global Running Day?