Since it’s still the first month of the new year, I’d like to take this time to re-introduce myself for new readers and even if you’re not new, maybe you’ll learn a few new things about me here and I promise, it will not all be running related. 🙂 So here are 8 facts about me because I couldn’t think of 10. 🙂
- My name is Mai (*waves*) and I discovered my love of running almost 5 years ago at my first 10k race – the St. Patrick’s Day 10k Run. Without going into too much detail, I went through a serious bout of depression months prior and running was just the thing I needed to take back control of my life. I have never looked back since. This blog primarily focuses on running with a few travel posts here and there. 🙂
- I am primarily a road runner. If you’re really lucky, you may see me run out on a trail, but that happens once in a blue moon because…I hate driving. LOL. To get to trails in my city, I have to drive and I’m just not about that life. I drive approximately 60 miles a day for work and if I have to drive any further, I will go nuts. Although, I am still considering running a trail race in 2019 so we’ll see.
- My favorite running memory is when I ran the New York Marathon. It was probably one of the few times that my only goal was to finish the distance. I wasn’t worried about time. I just wanted to finish and not be injured. I high fived every child and ran up and down every bridge with a smile. 🙂 That memory is the reason I continued on to run more marathons.
- My favorite non-running memory is hands down when defended my dissertation. It took a lot of years, tears, and grit to get to that point and despite me being a nervous wreck the day of my dissertation, the moment I concluded my presentation, I felt free. Of course, that feeling didn’t last too long as I had an interview for a job the next day and had to cut my defense party short to prepare for it. LOL. It all worked out though. I got the job. 🙂
- I really like to travel. My bank account does not. I met someone who’s goal was to visit a new country every year. I’ve adopted that same goal. I currently do not have plans to travel to a new country this year, but it’s only January so who knows?
- I am a HUGE foodie. I could never been a vegetarian because I literally build my meals around meat. Although, I have trying to be a bit better about that and incorporate more veggies. Favorite meals include ramen, sushi, and sometimes fried chicken. LOL.
- I am a BibRave Pro and have been one for almost 3 years now. It’s been an amazing experience being surrounded by such an enthusiastic group of runners on social media. Not to mention, I get to run some of my favorite races and test out products for free. 🙂 Let me know if you want to know more about being a BibRave Pro.
- I’m a very expressive person and I do not like holding in emotions. So if I’m happy, you’ll know it. If I’m having a crappy time, you will also know it. I do not showcase that I’m sad on social media often, but it does show up. Hiding my emotions ends up poorly.
So that about sums it up. 🙂 If there’s something you’d like to know about me, ask away. 🙂 If this is your first time to my blog, welcome. If it’s not, welcome back!
Now, tell me something interesting about you. 🙂