Disclaimer: I received an entry into the SD Craft Classic as part of being a BibRave Pro. Learn more about becoming a BibRave Pro (ambassador), and check out BibRave.com to review, find, and write race reviews! All opinions are my own.
I think I’m a glutton for punishment. I’m still not fully recovered from Plantar Fasciitis and decided that it would be a smart idea to sign up for another half marathon in July. There are no regrets though. LOL. It’s going to be a fun one. I’m sure of it.
If you live somewhere where it gets super warm during the summer and racing is just out of the question, come to San Diego where you can race a half (or 5k is halves aren’t your thing) and get free beer after the race.
This year, it’s being run by the San Diego Running Company, which is responsible for putting on really interesting events. I participated in their PB Beachfest last year, which is a 5k along the beach. I destroyed my ankles there, but it was an interesting experience nonetheless. In December, they also have a Santa Run, where registration includes a Santa costume and you just run around in Santa suits. LOL Doesn’t that sound like fun?
I’m super excited to see what they do with the Craft Classic this year. Like the theme implies, it is centered around beer.
With your registration, you get a commemorative pint glass, a race shirt/tank that says “On a Beer Run”, free race photos, a beer related medal, and of course a complimentary Green Flash beer.
What things am I looking forward to?
- Free race photos, obviously. I love races that provide this. Registration for races is not cheap so free race photos are greatly appreciated. You know I’ll be getting my photos snapped everywhere chance I get.
- All of the beer – I don’t drink beer, but I LOVE the fact that the first male and female winner of the half marathon wins their weight in beer. THAT’S RIGHT. You read that here. They win their WEIGHT in beer. Isn’t that insane? I wouldn’t even know what to do with that. Maybe pour it into a pool to chill out in.
- The MEDAL – I love unique medals and this one since it’s beer centered, is a bottle opener. 🙂 I don’t drink, but I can definitely use this for my soda pop. 🙂
- The Course – This is not an extremely flat course, but I love it nonetheless. There’s nothing like a challenging hill mid course to get you to really appreciate that finish line. I had to walk up the BIG hill last time I ran it so I’ll be excited to see if I can redeem myself. Also, I finished with a 2:00:01 last time soooo it’s time for redemption.
- The PEOPLE – I really miss running with others. Since being injured and moving away from my main run group, it’s been hard to try and run with others and also keep pace while injured.
If you’re interested in running this race, use code “BIBRAVE10” for $10 off the half and if halves aren’t your thing, use code “BIBRAVE5” for $5 off the 5k.
So have you ever run a Craft Classic Race OR have you ever done a beer mile? I never have and it amazes me that humans are able to chug 4 beers within a mile. Let me know. 🙂